Friday, September 19, 2008

DON’T creep me out? Please?

Ok I can’t understand why people watch horror movies? NO, wait... I can’t understand why people MAKE horror movies???

I mean??? What is your bloody logic? U tell me Adrenalin rush... I tell u Bull shit. Hmph. Why do u want to complicate your already complicated and stressful life?? Movies are meant for entertainment, NOT for harassment.
So my point is: this is what I think and the reason why I don’t watch horror movies. Ever. If u don’t agree with me...too bad... please keep creeping yourself out. Just keep me away ok. The only horror movie I had technically seen in the theater was Bhoot, which I dint quite see because I had my eyes and ears covered by some helpful devices gifted to me by god- my hands. I only opened them when I had confirmed that it was day again and it would be perhaps a lil watch-able.
*Ahem* This story has been narrated time n again to anyone and everyone who know me. Somehow my batch mates, my so-called best friends Sim and I (henceforth to be referred as Aqua) came to know bout it. U see Sim n aqua claim to be my well wishers in all times but after yesterday, I beg to differ. So they all decided to go to some crazy movie ‘1920’ as some class got cancelled and we are generally pretty ‘jobless’ people. Hmph.
I had very nicely distanced out myself from it and not even talks of an apparent hunk of a hero could lure me. Suddenly I found myself cornered by Sim n Aqua. Ahem when they did not quite succeed in convincing me they brought in reinforcements. Enter Kingkong(KK) and Rambo(R) (yes very weird code names... the stories which led to them are weirder still).. U see KK is someone u can never say no to. Yea ok maybe he’s not a dictator but he’s a smooth talker. A very good one. Always makes me accept stuff. Sheesh. I HAVE to do something bout him. And there’s R.. phew..God save all the girls on this planet.
So between the four of them, they literally dragged me to watch this 1920 freak show with promises that they would let me close my eyes when I wanted and that even though so many of us were going, they would sit beside me. U see this is how I was fooled. No. Its not that they didn’t keep all of their promises, they did sit beside me..We sat in the order KK Sim Me R Aqua..yea that’s true, right in the middle.

Honestly, I don’t even want to review the movie. I didn’t like it. But then its not my kinda movie anyway so don’t be prejudiced on my account. Go if u want to but don’t say I dint warn ya.
I watched the whole movie this time. Not because I wanted to. Because KK Sim n R wouldn’t leave my hands. They kept on holding them and kept me hostage right there in my seat. There were many moments during the movie when I was looking at the screen horrified and all three of them looking at me, watching me struggle with my hands. We created quite a scene. When my hands weren’t ‘chained’ I was made to hold all the popcorn chips etc so that I could achieve my goal. Aqua however was as scared as me so she wasn’t among the conspirators. Thankfully (I think) the movie was preetttttttttty boring in the middle when all of them got irritated. A special mention for the climax scene.. it was hilarious. I mean it wasn’t supposed to be but then I guess we had all had enough.
All this in front of a complete stranger. Ok a friend’s friend about whom u have heard a lot and so has he about u doesn’t make him any less a stranger. He was sitting beside KK and was witness to each and every antics of mine. I later found out he thought I was cute. Dude, on a different day, I would have loved the compliment. My behaviour was anything but cute. But u were cute though :P



Btw, wtf? Movie shows Architects being called to the mansion and them being killed brutally one by one. And here we were, all of us, prospective architects watching mass murder of our own people. SHEESH. Good choice my friends. And hunk of a hero??? What the hell?? He might be good-looking but he can’t act! And the leading lady..the less said about her, the better. Naa actually don’t listen to me. I’m prejudiced anyways. As expected, my experience was horrific.

I can’t understand why people watch horror movies? NO, wait.. I can’t understand why people MAKE horror movies?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh!! d gr88 horror storyy...gott a very nice description about it latelyy hehee...i could almost visualize d whole story while reading ur blog:P yea nd i cud almost identify vth d 'characters' too:P gawd!! gurl- i wud neva take u 4 a horror muvee by-chance also....ppl sitting nxt 2 u will get scared watchn U...lolzz, btw i wud rly want 2 watch a horror muvee which will scare me:P

Keshav said...

any one can look cute after a horror movie :D
i hvnt seen one yet.. so i want a detailed analysis..
n well done!!!
P.S. ur vocab has improved considerabely :P

Abhu said...

:) looks like someone is having LOADS of fun at collg :P and whoz this kk and this frnds??? omg!! iam SO cut off from everything! i want details!!!

Ankit Ruia said...

yeah, horror movies are senseless... they should be renamed to horrible fiction...

waise the coincidence thing was interesting...

Tejal said...

@Tina- ahh thats a writer's aim innit? that u could visualise it through my description :) ohh not at all.. ppl sittin next to me are immensely amused :|

@Keshav- lol..yes i guess it has ;)

@Abhu- ohh yea.. someone is definitely havin lotsa fun..but look who's talkin ehh??
arre u kinda kno kk ppl.. the codenames hav confused thee :P Will giv details soon :P

@Ankit- yea the archi coincidence? hmm well interestin yes but not nice i tell u :P

KAMONASISH AAYUSH MAZUMDAR said...

indian horror movies r in tejal's words "bleh" :P
n oh btw tejal...u knw na my fav past tym is bashing indian movies :D
i dont evn see most of the movies coz they hav stolen scripts, stolen music, and ,ludicrous acting.

oh btw, lucky guy who got to sit beside u n watch u pull off all those expressions.lmao.
n yeah most guys think girls luk cute in almost any dark place or a relatively dark one, movie hall is one of them ;)
(reader's discretion advised)

Random said...

:P yaar kuch dukhi hui ho....but if it helps u in blogging, i'll watch some :D

Prats said...

Lolzzz
I don't understand, how can you be scared of horror movies...
I mean they are so lousy, I actually feel I should I ask my money back from directors... For crappy horror movies like Phoonk..I didnt see 1920... but now got the review as well... :-)

All in all a good read.

Tejal said...

@Aayush- exactly..they are very much BLEH for me :P
yea lik i said..i dont watch them either.. this was my second n last indian horror movie for sure..!


@Arunabh- lol! itni generosity? i'm touched :P


@Prats- hello!
i dunno why i'm scared either!
btw thanks! :)