Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Paintin da town Red!

(er..written on March 4th.. cudnt publish then.. heheheh )
Hmm..heard this phrase a lotta times… has many meanings
But sometimes.. ppl take it too literally…
Ppl asked me- u playin holi this tym?
Me- No way!!! U mad!!! Boards da next day! No ways..
Even las nite wen my fren told me to enjoy holi…
I was lik- no ya… u enjoy.. I’ll b wit my books.
(see R, I wasn’t irritated wit u.. was jus goin thru da holi blues..heheh)
Sheesh! So dat is wat I had thought!
Till 12.15 pm … I was happily sitting in my room.. whole morning nobody had forced me to play holi n all… ahhh.. peaceful life..
12.15 pm :
A Bhai enters my room already lookin fuuny wit colour all over
A Bhai- wat u doin in ur room? Come down.. its holi..
Me- no way ya! We hav exams remember? U’ve finished everythin or wat?
A Bhai – u comin or not?
Me – no.
A Bhai- wat? Holi comes once a year…blah blah blah
Me- um NOT comin.
He loses hope n goes out.
12.25pm :
C Bhai enters da room.. (he’s lookin even more ‘coloured’)
C Bhai- come.
Me- er..
C Bhai- come.
Me- (starts stammering) I got.. boards… 2moro…I..cant.. i… cant..
C bhai- its 12.25 rite now.. if u don’t come by 12.30..
I look at him wit pleadin eyes
He looks at me wit threatening eyes
Me- ok


Sheesh! So much for miss prim n proper who was gonna study whole morning.. n who had been lamentin for d alas two days dat this will b da only holi she’ll miss.
Whoa.. I wasn’t goin to.. but u guys don’t kno C Bhai.. he’s my eldest cousin n da only one in my house who has da power to scare me… n at holi.. he becomes a total avatar of da holi god! Doesn’t leave nebody! If u try to act smart n try to hide n ur room or bathroom... very bad idea.. he’ll bang on da doors wit his colour-enriched hands.. till u think da doors r gonna giv away.. n da way he smudges dat slimy colour (da permanent silvery ones.. he doesn’t even kno wats gulal, da lesser harmful substance) over all ur face! eeuuwwwwwwwwww
Now for da consequences-
I’ve turned a bright shade of PINK now.
Oh… sorry sorry… my FACE is pink.. my hands r MAROON .. hair is RED n nails r GREEN!
So all in all um lookin lik a total monster! (wud hav put up a pic but…hheehhe)

45 minutes of pure fun has its disadvantages I guess !


Today- hehe.. colours come off quite a bit… thank goodness for da number of soaps, shampoos n facewashes available in da country:)
hope u guys had an amazin holi!

1 comment:

raghu said...

hahah.. ya holis fun!