Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The 'Dream' guy!

I'm not much into politics. I dont care which politician said what, I dont care who meant what, I dont care who is betrayin whom, I dont care who was loyal anyway.N whats more, I'm not doing anything that would help my country in any way.In short, I'm just another teenager. Now dont get me wrong. Its not lik I dont like my country. On the contrary I'm quite patriotic(i.e. I'm proud of my country even though its not Independence day or Republic day :P).But it still doesnt matter which is the ruling party in the country. What am i? Hypocrite?
But ther's one person whom I really really admire. U kno, really really admire types? n whats more? Even though he was into politics he never got into the politics.
If I just made any sense to u, then you might hav guessed what I'm about. Its weird actually. Its his last day in office. And I feel so weird. Its our Mr.President (Last time I can call him that), Dr.APJ Abdul kalam.
I like the dude. He's neat. Very unlike politicians.
Maybe because he was never one of 'em. And thats why he didnt get a second chance when he SO deserved it.
*Flashback*
My assosiation with him goes back to a GK book when he was just the 'Missile Man of India'. Bleh i couldnt understand back then why his name was so long. Then in 2002, he was suddenly elected Mr.President. Nothin great really.I liked the previous Prez's name. He reminded me of Malgudi days. (I was like 12?) Yea so thats when our darling english teacher suddenly gave us an assignment- Write an extempore, If I were Mr.Abdul kalam On the eve of his election, what would i do?
er.. not a very pretty topic. especially when u have to say it in front of the whole damn class tomoro,is it? Dunno about u, but I was definitely *ahem* aghast. i mean what exactly would YOU do when you r like supposed to be elected the President of India the next day? yea on that eve? what? stay at home n watch TV? gosh. i sure did SOME research on him so find out what exactly he would. Turns out he visited his village. but not on the EVE ok?
So thats really how i came to know a lotta stuff bout him. Nice guy really.
*Back to Present*
Uh-huh. Five years later. He's done his job, has'nt he. Pretty well too, if u ask me. Damn good. he remains to be the only Politics guy whose Speeches make me wonder. wow. If you've heard his address on Independence's days eves that is. he receives a standing ovation.
Driven by curiosity, i had even read up his past n all. wow. some acheiver he is.
Though i despise his hair style (heeh! dont blame me, i'm a girl),his persona, the way he conducts himself, i dont think i would want anything more from the president of MY country. I cant think how the *ahem* Next president would step into his shoes. But i hope she does. And i hope someday I'll read 'Wings Of Fire', I've not read it yet. I'm kinda not much into autobiography n stuff. But the tittle really intrigues me.It does. The way its author does.
He's the 'Dream guy' for me. Not because he visits my dreams (hell, no!) but because according to him, if you can Dream about it , you can achieve it. So dont be hesistant to Dream. Thats what i have learnt from him. His every speech,every doctrine was about this.
To Dr.Kalam,
Sir,
u've taught me just one thing, To Dream.
Thank you very much for this.

8 comments:

AnKiT RuiA said...

nice ya... he is a real gr8 man!... read his buks... evryone's source of inspiration...
waise was tht for me?... tht dream thingy??

Keshav said...

awesome...seriously awesome.... uve really put mouth to my thoughts... it was so damn true....i hvnt read his bks...but seriously wud like to.... he is so educated!!! n a skyful of inspiration....
hey... um really feeling sorry for this monumental figure... India needs him!!!!!!!

Shalinee..On MetaMinD Karma said...

'dream dream dream,
dream transform into thoughts,
thoughts transform into action"
....mugged up dat thing while i was at d science congress[:P]...way back in 8th ..gr8 memories[:)]
but one thing's for sure...he has done d best job dat ever was possible...bein a scientist n thinker of his caliber,he has used his powers to make himself heard and to scream into those ears who werent interested...[;)]...otherwise all dat wud have happened was his voice gettin lost in d meaningless rambles of d so called 'intellectuals'

Anonymous said...

hmm.....quite intersting,i must sayyy....neva expected u'l write sumthn lykk diss.....bt reallyy hess worth as a person 2 admire:)). sooo u evn gott sum patriotism left in u hann??? lol...jus kidding babes.....nicely written yaa....:P

Tejal said...

@Ankit- *wicked smile* well nowadays u've bcom very intelligent toh :P

@Keshav- its rather i've put fingers/ keyboard to your thots :P
well i dont feel 'Sorry' for him. i feel sorry for the country which has lost an oppurtunity without his leadership. But it makes me wanna join Anna university wher he's joinin as a Guest Lecturer. Do they hav Guest students too? *looks hopefully*

@Shalinee- There u are. :) Righto! thats exactly what i was talkin about! He seems lik THE intellectual amogst intellectuals :)

@Tina- *Grins* There's a lotta stuff thats still in me, u kno :P Yes, patriotic i am. But maybe i dont say it often or make it obvious too often. :P hehehe.. Sometimes we expect our silence to b understood rite? :P

Abhu said...

hey!! even i simply adore this man!! i must have mentioned it umpteen no. of times, in front of anyone who'll listen, how gr8 a president he's been. i mean, he's actually the 1st and the only politician whom i like hearing. he's got this aura of dignity around him. wish i could meet him once:) btw...nice post:)

Unknown said...

:)
hey but u havent mentioned this to me??!!
btw, u kno wat? i'm actually pleasantly surprised with the reactions to this post.. hehe..had no idea so many ppl actually share the same thot as me.. i'm glad i must say :D

Sneha said...

yea. i so wanted him to stay back for a second term. UPA hai hai!